Otomi is an open source and cloud-agnostic platform to run on top of Kubernetes to securely deploy, run and manage applications.
- Easy to install
- Comes with an intuitive desktop-like UI
- Comes with ready-to-use, pre-configured and built-in applications
- Works out-of-the-box
Just as you would expect from your favorite Linux distribution. After installing Otomi on Kubernetes, you can sign in and immediately start deploying applications.
- Allows for customization and extensibility
- Integrates upstream Kubernetes with proven open source applications and add-ons
- Is a single deployable package with curated industry proven applications and policies for better governance and security
- Offers an enterprise-grade container platform experience out-of-the-box
- Increases developer efficiency and makes developers self-serving
- Offers carefully crafted sane defaults to minimize configuration effort and speed up time to market
- Incorporates the 12-factor app methodology and Kubernetes best-practices
Check out the following sections to understand the reasoning and decisions made involving the development of Otomi: