Otomi Enterprise Edition license needed for self service functionality
If you have a license for Otomi EE you will get many more capabilities not found in the CE version. See the Red Kubes website for more information.
Administration of Otomi can be done mostly through the Otomi EE Console, which needs an enterprise license. The below information is solely aimed at operations through the Otomi EE Console, and is served when choosing "Help" from within the Console context.
Otomi EE Console has a topbar showing a cluster and team selector on the top and the logged-in user. The team selector allows to switch to the context one wishes to operate for. Otomi Console EE also has a menu (on the left when in desktop mode). The menu shows the sections "Platform", "Enterprise", "Team
$name" and "Cluster".
Screenshot (admin role):
The "Platform" section gives access to:
- The dashboard which gives stats about clusters, teams and services
- The list of admin applications [ADMIN ONLY]
- The setting in use by the cluster [ADMIN ONLY]
The "Enterprise" section gives access to:
- The list of known Otomi Clusters, allowing to switch to another cluster's console
- The list of Teams using this cluster
- The list of all Services running on this cluster
- The list of all Jobs running on this cluster
$name" section gives access to:
- Team configuration
- The list of Services managed by the team
- The list of Jobs managed by the team
- The list of Secrets managed by the team
- The Apps available to the team
The "Cluster" section shows:
- Cluster information such as name, cloud, region, k8s version, otomi version, etc
- A "Download KUBECFG" link to download a KUBECONFIG file that gives access to the namespace of the team selected. Admins can download one with
cluster-adminpermissions (giving access to all namespaces) by setting the team selector to '-'. You can use it like
KUBECONFIG=$file_location kubectl ...or by merging it with another KUBECONFIG file like
.kube/config. Please visit the official k8s documentation about managing kube contexts.